Shafdan Anarobic Digesters
The Shafdan WWTP treats approximately 400,000 cubic meters per day of municipal wastewater, serving a population equivalent of 2.5 million, and is designed for biological nutrient removal (BNR).
In accordance with a decision made several years ago, the Shafdan must stop the flow of sludge into the sea and implement a land-based biosolids disposal solution. The solution that was decided upon is based on anaerobic stabilization of the sludge in a manner that will enable its use in agriculture.
The principal components of the new Anaerobic Digesters facility plant include:
- Screening of the raw sludge (primary and waste activated).
- Thermophilic anaerobic digestion.
- Utilization of cogeneration units to produce electricity and hot water from the biogas produced in the digestion process.
- Treatment of all potential sources of odor using suitable systems
Balasha-Jalon has prepared the detailed design of the Anaerobic Digesters Facility. The services included architectural, civil, mechanical electrical, control engineering, and general supervision of construction.
Average annual sludge flow
Maximum monthly sludge flow
Maximum day sludge flow
Average annual sludge load
Maximum monthly sludge load
Maximum day sludge load
- Eight (8) sludge screening units
- Eight (8) 13,200 cum thermophilic digesters
- Seven (7) 1.2 MW co-generation units
- Gas treatment units for the removal of H2S and siloxane