Karmiel WWTP – First Stage
This WWTP serves 13 municipalities with population of 210,000.
The plant was built in the late 90’s of the 20th century for an average design flow of 22,000 m3/day and for population of 150,000 and is currently being expanded for an average design flow of 36,500 cum/day and population of 210,000 during 2011-2013.
BJIS provided general design and a complete detailed design services for both phases of construction, as well as general construction supervision.
Average Design Flow
Average B.O.D. Load
- B.N.R. Activated Sludge
- Bar Screens
- Grit Removal
- Primary clarifiers
- B.N.R. Activated sludge reactors with low-speed surface aerators for the first 2 modules and diffused air system for the new module
- Final clarifiers
- Effluent filtration and disinfection
- Effluent are reclaimed for unrestricted agriculture use
- Anaerobic digestion, sludge dewatering, bio-gas utilization
- G.B.T. units for W.A.S. thickening
- 4 anaerobic digesters, 2,500 m3 each, for the stabilization of the thickened W.A.S. and the primary sludge. Digesters are mixed by mechanical mixing
- B.P.F and decanter centrifuges units for the dewatering of the digested sludge
- Co-generation systemfor the utilization of the bio-gas including 1 co-generation unit having 470 KW electric capacity