Bitanya Regional WWTP
This WWTP serves several municipalities with population of 80,000.
Balasha-Jalon prepared the general and detailed designs including process, civil, mechanical, electrical and control engineering and provided the general construction supervision.
Average Design Flow
Average B.O.D. Load
B.N.R. Activated Sludge
- Bar screens
- Grit removal
- Primary clarifiers
- B.N.R. Activated sludge reactors with diffused aeration system
- Final clarifiers
- Effluent filtration and disinfection. Effluent will be used for unrestricted agriculture use
Anaerobic digestion, sludge dewatering, bio-gas utilization
- 3 Drums for W.A.S thickening
- 2 anaerobic digesters, 1,700 m3 each for the stabilization of the thickened W.A.S. and the primary sludge.
- igesters are mixed by the unique “Rotamix” system
- 2 Decanter centrifuges for the dewatering of the digested sludge
- Co-generation system for the utilization of the bio-gas including co-generation unit having 450kW electric capacity