Automatic Filtration System in Gilboa Reservoir
Gilboa reservoir's volume is 1,400,000 m3. It provides water for irrigation to the southern area of Israel valley.
The pumping station of the reservoir data is:
- 4 pumps which supply maximum flow rate of 2,300 m3/h.
- The flow is regulated using inverters.
- The working pressure is 45-65 m.
- The yearly flow is about 1,000,000 m3
Over the years the high ratio of minerals in the reservoir's water caused clogs to the irrigation systems in the area.
To improve the quality of the water it was decided to add an automatic filtration system that would reduce the failure ratio and improves the reliability of the irrigation systems.
The system's main components are:
- 10 Automatic hydraulic horizontal filters.
- The filters' max working pressure is 75 m.
- The system could be operated automatically or manually.
- The water used to clean the filters reclaim back to the reservoir.
- The system could be bypassed so that water flow continues when there is a need for service.
Balasha-Jalon designs the new automatic filtration system of Gilboa reservoir including a concrete stage and steel frames.